- 250g cake wheat flour
- 3 tbsp (45ml) lemon-pepper seasoning
- 5 eggs
- 450g Sea Harvest Hake Medallions, cut into small nuggets
- vegetable oil, for frying
For the mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5ml) grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp (2,5ml) lemon juice
- 4 tbsp (60ml) mayonnaise
- Mix together the flour and seasoning. Whisk the eggs separately.
- First dip the fish nuggets into the eggs and then into the flour.
- Heat the oil to 180°C and fry the nuggets for 3 to 4 minutes in hot oil until cooked. Remove the fish nuggets from the oil and place on a paper towel to drain off the oil.
- For the zesty mayonnaise, mix the lemon zest, lemon juice and mayonnaise together, and place in a small dipping bowl. Serve with the fish nuggets.
- For hake goujons: replace the hake medallions with skinless hake fillets, cut into 2 to 3cm strips. Prepare in the same way as above.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter