- 250g pearl barley
- 125g Tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
- 2 peaches
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and diced
- small handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 50g rocket
- 410g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Put the pearl barley into a large pan and cover with water. Add some salt and bring to the boil, then simmer for about 25 minutes or until the barley is just tender. Add the Tenderstem broccoli for the final 3 minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, peel and halve the peaches and discard the stones. Cut each peach half into four wedges, then put the wedges into a large serving bowl. Add the cucumber, mint, rocket and chickpeas.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, olive oil and some seasoning to the peach bowl, then lightly mix through the drained barley mixture. Check the seasoning and serve.
EACH SERVING 1 553kJ, 7g fat (1g saturated), 70g carbohydrate (6g total sugars).
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter