- 1 tsp oil
- 6 small chicken thighs (about 900g)
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ⅔ cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp butter
- 400g artichoke hearts
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced and seeded
- chopped parsley
- steamed rice
- In a 30cm frying pan, heat 1 tsp oil on medium-high. Season 6 small chicken thighs (about 900g) with ½ tsp each salt and pepper.
- Place skin-side down; cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer chicken, skin-side up, to a rimmed, foil-lined baking tray and roast at 220°C for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- To same frying pan on medium, add 1 medium onion, chopped, and ¼ tsp salt. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add ⅔ cup dry white wine and simmer for 2 minutes, scraping up any browned bits.
- Stir in 1 tbsp butter until melted, then 400g artichoke hearts from a jar, rinsed, drained and quartered, and 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced and seeded.
- To serve, spoon sauce over chicken; garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with steamed or cauliflower rice. Serves 4.
- EACH SERVING About 2 140kJ, 34g protein, 10g carbohydrate, 36g fat (11g saturated), 1g fibre.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter