- 4 x 250g smoked gammon steaks
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 450g cauliflower florets (halved if large)
- 75g mature Cheddar cheese,finely grated
- 200g cream cheese
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1 medium egg
- few dashes Worcester sauce
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped chives,
- plus extra to garnish
- Preheat grill to high. Line a large baking tray with foil. Snip fat (if there is any) of each gammon steak at 2cm intervals and brush steaks with oil. Put on a lined baking tray and grill for 8 to 10 minutes, turning halfway, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the cauliflower and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes until tender. Drain and leave to steam dry while you make the sauce.
- In a large bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients, add cauliflower and stir until combined. Spoon a quarter of the mixture on top of each gammon steak. Grill for a further 5 minutes until golden and bubbling. Scatter over a few more chives and serve with a green salad.
- EACH SERVING 2 980kJ, 56g protein, 52g fat (26g saturated), 3g carbohydrate (3g sugars), 3g fibre.