- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1kg beef chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 5cm chunks
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp chipotle seasoning
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 170g tomato paste
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 450g egg noodles, cooked
- 2 cups baby spinach
- fresh parsley leaves and thinly sliced spring onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 160°C. In a 7 to 9_ heavy-bottomed sauce pot or Dutch oven, heat oil on medium-high. Season beef with 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. Add to pot; cook for 10 minutes or until browned on most sides, turning occasionally. Transfer to cutting board. Reduce heat to medium.
- To pot, add onion, garlic, chilli powder, seasoning, paprika and cinnamon. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Add tomato paste. Cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add stock, scraping up browned bits with a wooden spoon. Return beef to pot. Heat to simmering on high. Cover and bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until beef is pull-apart tender, stirring twice.
- Transfer beef to medium bowl; remove and discard any solid fat. With 2 forks, shred meat and return to pot with sauce, along with molasses and 1/2 tsp salt.
- To serve, toss noodles with spinach; spoon meat over noodles. Garnish with parsley and spring onions.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter