- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1½ cups sifted flour
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Put all the above ingredients in a bowl, as listed. The egg does not have to be beaten.
- Stir mixture gently for about 3 minutes and put into cupcake tins and fill each cup 2/3 full of batter.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp sugar over the top of each cupcake before it is baked. No other icing is needed.
- Bake at 180°C for approximately 20 minutes.
- DIANE'S TIP: You might have to play with the time baked and the amount of baking powder. I find the cake flour here to sometimes be a bit heavier than the American flour.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter