- 50g butter, chopped,plus extra to grease
- 125g self-raising flour, plus extra to dust
- ó tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 75g golden syrup
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Lightly grease two baking trays. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon into a large bowl. Mix in the caster sugar; set aside.
2. Put the butter in a small pot and measure in the syrup. Heat gently until the butter has melted. Pour the liquid into the flour bowl; stir the
3. Divide the dough into 14 equal pieces and roll each one into a small ball. Space them apart on the greased trays and flatten them a little.
4. Bake for 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
EACH BISCUIT About 320kJ, 3g fat (2g saturated), 12g carbohydrate (5g total sugars).
TO STORE Keep in an airtight container for up to a week.