- 1 cup fat-free Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp each packed fresh mint and dill leaves, chopped, plus dill for garnish
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp dried origanum
- 450g chicken breasts, sliced
- ½ cucumber
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 4 whole-wheat pitas, cut in half
- In a small bowl, mix yoghurt, mint, dill, ¼ teaspoon of cumin, one-third of garlic and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Let stand.
- In a pie plate, mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 3 teaspoons of oil, origanum, ¼ teaspoon of salt, remaining ½ teaspoon of cumin and half of remaining garlic. Add chicken, turning to coat. Let stand. Heat pan on medium-high.
- Grill chicken for 10 to 12 minutes or until no longer pink in centre, turning once.
- Meanwhile, cut cucumber and tomato into chunks; toss, in a large bowl, with ⅛ teaspoon of salt and remaining lemon juice, oil and garlic.
- Transfer chicken to serving plates. Grill pitas until toasted, turning once. Serve with chicken, yoghurt sauce and cucumber mixture; garnish with dill.
Each serving: About 1 381kJ, 33g protein, 31g carbohydrate, 9g total fat (2g saturated), 5g fibre, 63mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter