- 450g baby carrots, trimmed and cut lengthwise in half (or in quarters if large)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Green Goddess
- Dressing (see recipe below)
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated and torn
- Preheat oven to 220°C. On a large rimmed baking tray, toss carrots with olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until crisp-tender and edges are slightly caramelised; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing. GREEN GODDESS DRESSING: In a blender, purée 1/4 cup buttermilk, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup plain Greek yoghurt, 4 anchovies or 2 tsp anchovy paste, 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, 1 small clove garlic, pinch sugar, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper until smooth. Add 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley, 1/4 cup packed fresh basil, 3 tbsp fresh tarragon and 2 tbsp snipped fresh chives; pulse until herbs are finely chopped. Makes about 2 cups; can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- To serve, arrange carrots over lettuce. Drizzle with dressing.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter