- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed with a press
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil salt freshly ground black pepper
- 450g skinless, boneless
- chicken-breast halves, pounded to an even 1cm thickness
- 450g asparagus, ends trimmed
- 450g radishes, trimmed and very thinly sliced
- 225g watercress
- Preheat a griddle pan on medium-high.
- Finely chop half of mint. From lemon, finely grate 1 teaspoon of peel and squeeze 4 tablespoons of juice. Combine chopped mint, lemon peel, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, half the garlic, 1 teaspoon of oil and ⅛ tea- spoon each of salt and pepper. Add chicken and rub with mint mixture to coat evenly.
- In a baking tray, toss the asparagus with 1 teaspoon of oil, ⅛ teaspoon each of salt and pepper, and remaining garlic. Grill for about 4 to 6 minutes or until charred in spots, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss radishes, watercress, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of oil, ⅛ teaspoon each of salt and pepper, and remaining mint. Divide among 4 plates.
- Place hot asparagus on top of greens. Place chicken in the griddle pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until meat just loses its pink colour. Divide hot chicken among plates with greens.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter