- 1,8kg assorted chicken pieces (thighs, drumsticks, wings)
- 1 recipe White BBQ Sauce (see below)
- parsley leaves, for garnish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 340g tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1/2 cup loosely packed parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried origanum
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Heat grill on medium-low. Season chicken all over with 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Grill chicken for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Place 3/4 cup White BBQ Sauce in bowl. Generously brush chicken with sauce. Turn chicken pieces over. Cook, brushing and turning chicken 2 more times, for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Garnish with parsley; serve with remaining sauce.
- Creole Sauce
- In a 4 pot, heat oil on medium. Add celery, onion, green pepper and 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper. Cook for 12 minutes or until tender, stirring often.
- Add garlic and thyme; cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add tomatoes and 1/4 cup water. Heat to simmering; cook for 10 minutes or until tomatoes have broken down, stirring occasionally. Stir in Worcester sauce and parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Miami Mojo Sauce
- In a 20cm frying pan, combine oil, garlic and origanum. Cook on medium-low for 5 minutes or until garlic is golden brown. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- In a food processor, pulse garlic-oil mixture with orange juice, lime juice, cumin, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper until smooth. Add coriander; pulse just until finely chopped, stopping and scraping bowl occasionally.
- White BBQ Sauce
- Whisk together all ingredients, along with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper, until smooth.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter