- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- 4 ripe red-skinned plums, cut in half
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cups shelled pistachios, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp pure honey
- mint sprigs, for garnish
- Prepare grill or braai for cooking on a medium heat.
- In a large pot, stir together vinegar, sugar, . teaspoon salt and . teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Heat to boiling on medium-high; reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Remove from heat and add plums, stirring to coat.
- Place plums on a hot grill or braai, cut sides down, reserving vinegar mixture. Grill or braai for 5 to 6 minutes or until plums are lightly charred, brushing vinegar mixture onto plums halfway through.
- Divide plums among 4 shallow bowls and top with yoghurt. Sprinkle with pistachios and drizzle with honey. Garnish with mint.
Each Serving About 774kJ, 7g protein, 30g carbohydrate, 5g total fat (1g saturated), 2g fibre, 4mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium.
Tip: This simple balsamic-glazing-on-the-grill/braai technique works beautifully with other stone fruit such as peaches, apricots and nectarines. Try substituting toasted almonds, walnuts or pecans for the pistachios.