- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ tsp dried origanum
- 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 bone-in pork loin or rib chops, 2cm thick (170g each)
- salt and pepper
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced, for garnish
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves, for garnish
- Prepare grill or braai for direct grilling on medium.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add jalapeno and origanum. Cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add mangoes, water and sugar. Cook for 10 minutes or until mangoes are soft, stirring from time to time.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle pork with ¼ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to season both sides. Grill or braai for 8 to 9 minutes or until browned outside and still lightly pink inside, turning over once.
- Transfer pork chops to cutting board; let rest for 5 minutes.
- Spoon mango sauce over pork. Garnish with spring onion and coriander.
Each Serving About 1 611kJ, 27g protein, 39g carbohydrate, 15g total fat (4g saturated), 4g fibre, 80mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter