- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- (1kg to 1,5kg), scrubbed and cut into 4cm slices
- 700g cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp lower-sodium soya sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple or golden syrup freshly ground black pepper and salt
- 1 (450g) beef ﬂank steak
- 600g chopped cos lettuce
- Prepare an outdoor grill for grilling on medium-high. In a large microwave- safe bowl, combine sweet potatoes and ½ cup water. Cover with cling wrap and pierce. Microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, fold a 75cm by 30cm sheet of heavy-duty foil in half, crosswise. Place the tomatoes on double thickness of foil; bring long sides of foil up and fold several times to seal well. Fold over ends of foil to seal in juices.
- To make dressing, whisk soya sauce, vinegar, syrup and ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper over steak. Place on hot grill grate with tomato parcel and sweet potatoes. Grill steak and tomatoes on a medium to high heat for 10 minutes for medium-rare steak, turning steak over once. Grill sweet potatoes for 5 minutes, turning over once.
- Toss one-third of dressing with lettuce. Divide lettuce among plates. Top with steak, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and remaining dressing.
EACH SERVING About 1 650kJ, 30g protein, 51g carbohydrate, 8g total fat (3g saturated), 11g ﬁbre, 65mg cholesterol, 950mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter