- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- 1 can (400g) diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper
- 4 skinless hake fillets (170g each)
- ¼ tsp dried origanum
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- ¼ cup packed fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add onion and garlic; cook for 4 minutes or till browned, stirring occasionally. Add paprika; cook for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, olives, capers and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Reduce heat to
medium; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season hake with origanum and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Slide into skillet and arrange in a single layer, spooning tomato mixture over it. Roast for 10 minutes or until fish just turns opaque in centre.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to instructions. Divide among serving plates.
- Place hake on top of couscous. Stir parsley and basil into tomato mixture. Spoon over hake and couscous.
Each Serving About 1 695kJ, 39g protein, 47g carbohydrate, 7g total fat (1g saturated), 8g fibre, 73mg cholesterol, 410mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter