- 2 pita breads, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250g halloumi
- 100g bag mixed salad leaves
- 420g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- large handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 50g hummus
- 50g plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Put the pita strips on a baking tray and drizzle over half the oil and some seasoning. Toss together, then cook in the oven until crisp and golden (about 8 minutes).
2. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Cut the halloumi into 5mm-thick slices and brush both sides with the remaining oil. Cook on the griddle for 4 minutes, turning once, or until the cheese has softened and has charred lines on both sides.
3. Put the salad leaves, beans, mint, halloumi and pita strips into a large serving bowl and toss. In a small bowl, stir together the hummus, yoghurt, lemon juice and some seasoning. Drizzle over the salad and serve.
EACH SERVING About 1 680kJ, 14g fat (5g saturated), 28g carbohydrate (3g total sugars), 13g protein, 4g fibre.