- 250g couscous
- 150g frozen peas
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 170g low-fat cream cheese with herbs
- 25g Parmesan, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- 125g cooked ham hock, shredded, or chopped ham handful of pea shoots or rocket
- extra-virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Boil the kettle. Empty couscous into a medium heatproof bowl with the frozen peas and stock cube. Pour in 400ml just-boiled water, stir briefly and then cover for 1 minute. Reboil the kettle.
- Stir cream cheese and Parmesan into couscous and continue to let the couscous absorb the liquid for a few minutes and become creamy. Stir through ham hock and 50 to 100ml just-boiled water to make a creamy consistency. Check seasoning.
- Divide among 4 shallow bowls. Top each with pea shoots or rocket, grated Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately.
- EACH SERVING: About 1 370kJ, 22g protein, 10g fat (5g saturated), 36g carbohydrate (2g total sugars), 3g fibre.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter