- 100g dried whole chillies, deseeded
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp dried mint leaves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp salt
- 5 cloves garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- Put chillies in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave until soft.
- In a pan, heat cumin, coriander and caraway seeds until fragrant. Transfer spices to a grinder, add the mint and grind to a fine powder. Set aside.
- Drain chillies and transfer to a food processor. Add the ground spices and mint, oil, salt, garlic and lemon juice, and purée until very smooth.
- Transfer to a sterilised jar and top with more olive oil. Keep covered with olive oil as you use. Can keep for up to 4 weeks.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter