- 1kg self-raising whole-wheat flour
- 8ml baking powder
- 10ml salt
- 500ml nutty muesli
- 250ml sunflower seeds
- 250ml desiccated coconut
- 250ml pumpkin seeds
- 250ml chopped almonds
- 250ml cake mix
- 500ml brown sugar
- 500ml high-fibre bran
- 1 chopped apple
- 2 eggs
- 1l plain Greek yoghurt
- 500g melted margarine
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients and the chopped apple together.
3. Beat eggs and stir in yoghurt and melted margarine.
4. Add the liquids to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Fill three loaf tins with the mixture.
6. Place in the oven for 45 to 60 minutes. Keep checking to see that the tops don’t get too brown.
7. Take out of the oven and slice.
8. Reduce the oven temperature to 100°C. Return the slices to the oven and leave them in for 3 hours.
9. Take the slices out of the oven and break into rusks. Place on racks and return to the oven for another 2 hours.
TIP You can use butter instead of margarine, if you prefer.