- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 500ml hot fish or vegetable stock
- 250ml skimmed milk
- 200g baby potatoes, halved
- 150g skinless smoked haddock, diced
- 150g skinless white fish, such as hake, diced
- 400g whole-kernel corn, drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 2 tbsp chives, freshly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat and gently fry the onion and celery until soft and translucent (about 10 minutes).
- Add stock and milk, then bring to the boil. Add potatoes, then simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in fish, corn and some seasoning. Simmer until fish is cooked (3 to 5 minutes).
- Carefully stir through cream and most of the chives. Check seasoning. Garnish with remaining chives and serve.
Each serving About 1 150kJ, 9g fat (3g saturated), 31g carbohydrate (11g total sugars).
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter