- 3 medium potatoes, skin on and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g white button mushrooms,
- halved if large
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 large eggs
- 125g shaved ham
- chopped fresh parsley or chives,
- optional, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C. In a large nonstick roasting tin (if you don’t have a nonstick pan, line with greaseproof paper) toss potato cubes, onion, oil and plenty of seasoning. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Take tin out of oven, add mushrooms and thyme, and toss together. Return to oven for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden.
- Take the tin out of the oven again and toss through the cherry tomatoes and mustard. Make four spaces in the tin and crack in the eggs. Return tin to the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until egg whites are cooked. Top with the ham and herbs, if using, and serve.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter