- 7ℓ boiling water
- 800ml sugar
- 3 tbsp (45ml) ground ginger
- 6 dried-ginger stalks
- 2 tsp (10ml) dried yeast
- 1 packet tartaric acid
- 1 packet cream of tartar
- 2 handfuls of raisins
- 1 queen pineapple, peeled and sliced
1. Pour boiling water into a large pot, add sugar and stir until it dissolves.
2. Add ground and dried ginger. Simmer for about 30 minutes and leave to cool.
3. When mixture is lukewarm, add all the remaining ingredients.
4. Strain, cover and keep it in a warm place for at least two days to mature.
5. Chill and serve.