- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups mashed banana (very ripe)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a 20cm x 12cm metal loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, with a wire whisk, stir together flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together bananas and vanilla until blended.
- In a large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Reduce speed to low; alternately add flour mixture and banana mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture and occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Beat batter just until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean (about 1 hour). Cool loaf in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on rack before slicing.
EACH SERVING About 840kJ, 3g protein, 32g carbohydrate, 7g fat (4g saturated), 1g fibre, 205mg sodium.