- 1 large lemon, plus slices for garnish
- 2 tsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 large piece skin-on salmon (about 900g)
- 3 tbsp lower-sodium soya sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sriracha hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 cups packed rocket, plus more for garnish
- 4 mini cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cups cooked corn kernels (from 2 mealies)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed coriander leaves
- Soak a large cedar grilling plank (about 40cm by 20cm) in water for 1 to 2 hours. Heat grill on medium.
- From lemon, grate 1 tsp zest and squeeze 1/4 cup juice; set juice aside. Combine zest with ginger and 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper; rub all over flesh side of salmon.
- Place salmon on soaked plank skin-side down; sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt. Grill for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked as desired.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk soya sauce, honey and sriracha; set aside half. To remaining soya mixture, add garlic, reserved lemon juice and 1/4 tsp salt; toss with rocket, cucumbers, corn and coriander. Brush salmon with reserved soya mixture. Garnish with rocket and lemon slices. Serve with cucumber salad.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter