- 140 g fresh strawberries
- 20 ml sugar
- 90 ml + 45 ml castor sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 30 ml Nestlé Caramel Treat
- 50 ml cake flour
- 250 ml Nestlé Ideal Evaporated Milk, hot
- 45 ml butter + extra for greasing
- 2 ml pink food colouring
- 5 egg whites
- 1 ml salt
- Icing sugar for dusting to serve
- Heat the strawberries, sugar and water in a pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, allow to cool and then liquidize.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease 4-6 ramekins with butter and dust with the 30 g caster sugar. Shake out the excess. Arrange the ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Whisk the egg yolks, the 70 g of castor sugar and Nestlé Ideal Evaporated Milk to just below boiling point, then slowly pour in a thin stream onto the egg yolks, beating continuously. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over very low heat - stir often or it will curdle.
- Remove from the heat once it turns into a thick custard. Whisk in the butter. Stir in the strawberry purée and food colouring. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they form soft peaks. Fold a spoonful of the egg white mixture into the strawberry mixture to loosen it. Carefully fold the balance of the egg whites into the mixture. Spoon the soufflé mixture into the ramekins. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter