Recipe IngredientsCRUMB CRUST:
- Make the crumb crust and press down into the bases of small ramekins or glasses.
- 1½ teaspoons gelatin
- 5 teaspoons cold water
- 500g (2 tubs) cream cheese at room temperature
- 9 tablespoons (135 ml) lime juice
- 250ml cream plus extra for topping, if desired
- 10 to 12 tablespoons (150 to 180ml) fine xylitol. Taste for the correct balance between tartness and sweetness. Use a coffee grinder to make the xylitol fine.
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest plus extra to garnish
- Combine the gelatin with the cold water and allow to ‘sponge’.
- Place the cream cheese and 150ml xylitol in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat to combine. Add the lime juice and beat.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream until it starts to firm. Heat the gelatin in the microwave for a few seconds until it has dissolved. Cool it down and add this to the cream.
- Continue beating until stiff peaks form. Add the cream into the cream cheese mixture. At this stage, taste for the correct balance between sweet and sour. If necessary, add the rest of the xylitol.
- Add the lime zest and stir through. Smooth with the back of a spoon and grate over some lime zest. Top with extra whipped cream if desired.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter