- 500g beef mince
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- freshly ground black pepper
- 125g mozzarella, cut into 4 slices
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- large handful rocket leaves
- 25g pine nuts, toasted
1. In a large bowl, stir together the beef, sun-dried tomatoes, pesto and plenty of freshly ground black pepper (the tomatoes will add salt). Divide mixture equally into four. Take one of the meat portions and flatten it out into a thin circle on the palm of your hand. Place a mozzarella slice on top and fold the overhanging meat over the cheese, squishing it into a round, flattish patty (fully encasing the cheese). Repeat with remaining mince mixture and cheese.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the patties for 15 minutes, turning once, until the burgers are golden brown and cooked through.
3. Toast the ciabatta rolls and serve the burgers in the rolls topped with rocket, pine nuts and a drizzle of oil, if you like.
EACH SERVING About 2 620kJ, 39g fat (13g saturated), 29g carbohydrate (2g total sugars).