- 450g cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed, chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup each crumbled feta cheese, sultanas and toasted pine nuts
- On a large baking tray, toss 450g cauliflower florets with 2 tbsp olive oil and 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Roast in a 230°C oven for 25 minutes or until stems are tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk 1/4 cup lemon juice, 3 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Toss 1 bunch kale, ribs removed, chopped, with dressing. Let it stand for at least 5 minutes.
- To kale, add cooked cauliflower; 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced; and 1/3 cup each crumbled feta cheese, sultanas and toasted pine nuts.
- Toss until well combined. Serves 4.
EACH SERVING: About 1 550kJ, 10g protein, 27g carbohydrate, 28g fat (5g saturated), 6g fibre, 475mg sodium.
Q: WHAT MAKES THIS DINNER SO HEARTH-EALTHY?
- Lots of whole (not processed) ingredients
- Tons of veg
- Unsaturated fats from legumes; nuts and seeds; and plant-based oils
- Limited saturated fat and sodium
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter