- 3 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 6 sheets phyllo pastry
- 50g white sesame seeds
- 3 peaches, washed clean of their furry cloaks
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 300g ricotta cheese
- small handful of lemon thyme
- warm honey, to serve
1. Heat oven to 175°C.
2. With a pastry brush, grease a medium-sized rectangular baking tray or a round 18cm x 25cm tart tin with coconut oil. Line the tray with a
sheet of baking paper that is slightly bigger than the tray. This will help release the tart from the tray.
3. One by one, brush each sheet of phyllo pastry with coconut oil. Lay the sheets in the centre of the tray, sprinkle each with a few sesame seeds, which will help to keep the layers crisp, and let the extra bits hang over the sides of the dish.
4. Once the 6th layer of pastry has been laid in the tray, scrunch the edges. This will form the crust of your tart. Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
5. Cut the peaches in half and remove stones. Slice the peaches into wedges. Drizzle with lemon juice to stop deoxidisation. Remove pastry case from oven and arrange peaches on top. Sprinkle with ricotta cheese and thyme.
6. Place tray in oven for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the pastry is golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and serve with a drizzle of warm honey.