- 500g lean lamb mince
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 200ml beef stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat and fry the mince for 5 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently to break up the meat. Transfer the mince to a bowl using a slotted spoon, leaving behind as much fat as possible in the pan.
- Discard all but about 1 tablespoon of the lamb fat in the pan and fry the onion for 10 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and spices, and fry for 2 minutes, then return the lamb to the pan together with the stock and tomatoes.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened. Add peas and cook for 2 minutes more. Season well, then scatter over the flaked almonds and serve with rice or nan bread.
EACH SERVING 1 352kJ, 19g fat (8g saturated), 11g carbohydrate (6g total sugars).
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter