- 500g lamb mince
- 500g butternut (prepared weight), peeled, deseeded and cut into 1,5cm dice
- 2 tbsp curry paste (we used tikka masala)
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 150g spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large deep frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the mince (in batches) until well browned. Use a slotted spoon to lift into a bowl and discard excess fat, if needed. Return pan to a medium heat and add the butternut. Fry for about 8 to 10 minutes until beginning to caramelise.
- Return mince to the pan with the curry paste and fry for 1 minute, stirring. Add 300ml just-boiled water. Bring to a simmer and bubble for 15 minutes until butternut is tender.
- Add coconut milk and bubble for a few minutes. Fold through the spinach to wilt and season well to taste. Serve.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter