- 205g cooked, sweet pastry case (available at specialty stores and bakeries)
- 325g lemon curd
- 2 medium egg whites
- 100g caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Remove packaging and put pastry case on a baking tray. Spoon in lemon curd and level the surface.
- Put egg whites into a large, clean bowl and beat with a hand-held electric whisk until they hold stiff peaks. (To test, dip the beaters into the mixture and lift them out – any white left on the beaters should stand up proudly rather than flopping over.)
- Gradually add sugar, whisking until mixture is thick and glossy.
- Spoon or pipe the mixture on top of the lemon filling. Bake for 5 minutes, until meringue is golden. Leave to rest for 10 minutes before serving with single cream or ice cream.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter