- 3 lemons
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh origanum leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 chicken (1,6kg), cut into 8 pieces and skin removed from all but wings
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Line a 40cm x 25cm baking tray with foil and spray with cooking spray. From 2 lemons, grate 1tablespoon peel and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice. Cut remaining lemon into wedges. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine lemon peel and juice, origanum, parsley, olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Add chicken and toss to coat. Arrange chicken in tray.
- Roast chicken, without turning, for 30 to 35 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced with the tip of a knife. Transfer to warm platter. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over the chicken.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter