- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken-thigh fillets sliced into strips
- 1 large fennel bulb, roughly chopped
- 2 leeks chopped
- 1l chicken stock
- 2 x 410g tins cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 baby marrow, finely chopped
- large handful fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Fry the chicken until golden, in batches if necessary. Remove the chicken and set aside.
2. Discard most of the oil, then return the pan to the heat. Add the fennel and leeks, and gently fry until soft – about 10 minutes. (Add a little water if the pan looks dry.)
3. Return the chicken to the pan and pour in the stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the beans and baby marrow, and heat through (keep the baby marrow crisp). Stir through the tarragon and check the seasoning.
4. Serve as is or with crusty bread.
EACH SERVING 830kJ, 7g fat (1g saturated), 17g carbohydrate (3g total sugars).