- 1½ tbsp chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 Ruby Red or similar grapefruit
- ¼ cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 300g peeled, deveined prawns (about 16 to 20)
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves torn
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 4 whole-wheat dinner rolls
- From limes, grate ¼ teaspoon zest and squeeze ¼ cup juice. Set zest aside. In a 1-litre pot, heat ginger, sugar and lime juice to boiling on high, stirring. Remove from heat and let it stand.
- Using a knife, cut peel and white pith from grapefruit; discard. Holding 1 grapefruit at a time over a medium-sized bowl, cut out segments between membranes. Squeeze membranes to release remaining juice into bowl. Discard seeds. Thinly chop half of mint.
- Preheat grill pan for direct grilling on medium-high.
- Rub oil all over prawns. Sprinkle chopped mint, lime zest, cayenne pepper and ⅛ teaspoon salt all over prawns. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until prawns just turn opaque throughout, turning over once.
- Pour ginger mixture through sieve over grapefruit, pressing on ginger to extract liquid. Gently stir to mix.
- Divide lettuce and mint leaves among 4 plates. Top with prawns, avocado and grapefruit mixture. Serve with rolls.
Each Serving About 1 235kJ, 17g protein, 40g carbohydrate, 9g total fat (1g saturated), 7g fibre, 107mg cholesterol.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter