- 700g baby potatoes, quartered or halved (depending on size)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 40g butter
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, roughly chopped
- 25g cake flour
- 1 tsp English mustard powder
- 300g lamb’s liver, sliced into strips
- 4 medium eggs
- Large handful parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Bring a medium pot of water to the boil, add potatoes and cook for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain well and leave to steam-dry for a few minutes.
2. Heat oil and 25g butter in a large nonstick frying pan. Add potatoes and fry, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp. Lift potatoes into a bowl; set aside.
3. To the empty pan, add the bacon and fry until golden and crisp. Add to the potato bowl.
4. Mix flour and mustard powder on a plate with some seasoning. Dip the lamb’s liver pieces into the flour mixture to coat, then tap off excess.
5. Fry liver in the empty pan for 2 to 3 minutes until golden and crisp.
6. Meanwhile, heat remaining butter in a separate large frying pan over a low-medium heat. Crack in the eggs and fry until whites are set but yolks are still runny.
7. Add potatoes and bacon to liver pan. Toss through parsley, spring onions and lemon juice. Check seasoning. Divide among 4 plates and top each with a fried egg. Serve.
EACH SERVING: About 2 340kJ, 32g protein, 33g fat (12g saturated), 32g carbohydrate (3g total sugars), 3g fibre.