- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, fi nely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tbsp chilli powder
- 400g beef mince
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- ½ tsp cocoa powder
- Worcester sauce, to taste
- large handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- sour cream or Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Cheddar cheese, grated, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Pierce potatoes all over with a fork and place on a heatproof plate. Microwave on high for 15 minutes or until they are beginning to soften. Transfer to the oven to crisp up for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat and fry onion until softened (about 8 minutes). Stir in garlic, chilli powder and mince, and brown all over (about 5 minutes). Stir through tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato purée, cocoa powder and Worcester sauce. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes, allowing it to reduce slightly. Stir in most of the coriander and season to taste.
3. To serve, cut a cross into each potato. Top with a quarter of the beef mixture, sour cream or yoghurt, cheese and remaining coriander.
EACH SERVING About 2 250kJ, 31g protein, 20g fat (8g saturated), 53g carbohydrate (11g total sugars), 11g fibre.