- 2 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra to grease
- 75g amaretti biscuits
- 75g cream crackers
- 100g plain chocolate, chopped, plus extra to decorate
- 7 gelatine leaves
- 125ml lime juice (about 5 limes)
- finely grated zest of 2 limes
- 750g quark or fat-free cottage cheese, at room temperature
- 175g icing sugar, sifted
- Lightly grease the base and sides of a 20cm-diameter springform cake tin and line the base with baking paper. Whizz the biscuits and cream crackers in a food processor to form fine crumbs.
- In a large heatproof bowl, melt chocolate over a pot of barely simmering water. Remove from heat; stir in the oil and the crumb mixture. Press evenly into base of the tin. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes. Heat the lime juice in a small pot until piping hot; take off heat. Lift gelatine out of water (squeeze out excess) and stir into the hot lime juice until dissolved.
- In a large bowl, beat lime zest, quark and icing sugar with an electric whisk until smooth. Add lime-juice mixture; beat to combine.
- Pour quark mixture onto the chilled base and chill until set (about 4 hours).
- Run a sharp knife around inside edge of tin, unclip and transfer cheesecake to a stand. Decorate with grated plain chocolate, if you like.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter