- 450g cavatappi pasta
- 4 cups each packed baby spinach and chopped small broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- ½ cup full-cream milk
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- 350g grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 85g chopped preserved pimentos or Peppadews
- Cook 450g cavatappi pasta as label directs.
- Two minutes before pasta is done, add 4 cups each packed baby spinach and chopped small broccoli florets to pasta pot. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, whisk 3 tbsp cornflour and ½ cup full-cream milk until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in another 1½ cups milk and ½ tsp each salt and pepper.
- Heat to boiling on medium-high, whisking constantly. Boil for 2 minutes, whisking.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in 350g grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, 1 handful at a time, and ¼ tsp garlic powder.
- Fold in 85g chopped preserved pimentos or Peppadews; drained, along with pasta and vegetable mixture.
Serve with hot sauce, if desired.
EACH SERVING About 1 930kJ, 20g protein, 52g carbohydrate, 18g fat (11g saturated), 4g fibre, 480mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter