- 250ml flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 16 tbsp butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp vinegar
1. Sift the flour and salt together.
2. Combine the flour and salt with the butter.
3. Gently whisk the egg yolk, cold water and vinegar together and add to the flour and butter mixture.
4. The result is a bit runny, so put it in the fridge for a few hours or overnight until it’s stiff.
5. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out between two sheets of baking paper to the shape and size you want.
6. Use offcuts to make cute designs like leaves, hearts or letters from the alphabet on your pie.
7. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown.