- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp apricot jam
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- cream, custard or ice cream
- To make the pudding, cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix.
- Add the milk, jam and salt, and mix.
- Stir the bicarbonate of soda into the vinegar and add to the mixture.
- Mix in the flour lightly. Bake in a greased ovenproof dish at 180°C for 45 minutes.
- To make the syrup, melt the butter with the cream, sugar and milk together in a pot over a gentle heat.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla essence.
- Pour the syrup over the hot pudding as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Serve with cream, custard or ice cream.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter