- 3 x 125g skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tbsp mango atchar
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 150g plain yoghurt
- ¼ cucumber, grated small
- handful basil leaves, finely sliced, plus extra small leaves to garnish
You Will Also Need: about 18 cocktail sticks
- Put chicken pieces into a bowl with the mango atchar, oil, plenty of seasoning and half each of the lemon zest and juice.
- Heat a griddle pan to high and cook the chicken for 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through and lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, make the raita. In a small serving bowl, stir together the yoghurt, cucumber, remaining lemon zest and juice, and sliced basil. Season well.
- When the chicken is cooked, top each piece with a small basil leaf and secure in place with a cocktail stick. Serve with the raita.
PER CANAPÉ 197kJ, 1g fat (0,3g saturated), 3g carbohydrate (3g total sugars).
GET AHEAD Cook the chicken and make the raita up to a day ahead, but don’t add basil. Cover and chill. To serve, allow the chicken to come to room temperature and complete recipe.