- 1 cup fresh basil, tightly packed and torn
- ¼ cup sparkling water
- ¼ cup good-quality red-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp sea-salt flakes
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1kg bag mixed tomatoes (such as cherry tomatoes, Rosa tomatoes, plum tomatoes, green tomatoes)
- To serve: extra-virgin olive, black pepper and buffalo mozzarella (optional)
- Mix together the basil, sparkling water, red-wine vinegar, sugar, salt and lemon zest. Whisk briskly to mix the flavours well.
- Add the tomatoes to this mixture and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve the tomatoes just like this or, if you prefer, add some olive oil, black pepper and buffalo mozzarella.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter