- 5 potatoes
- ½ packet bacon bits (cut up streaky bacon if you want bigger pieces of bacon in the bake)
- mozzarella cheese
- ½ a packet of white-onion soup mix
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tub fresh cream (not Orley Whip)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Cut potatoes into thin oval-like slices. (Do not boil the potatoes – they will cook in the bake.)
3. Fry bacon pieces until crispy.
4. Layer potatoes, bacon and cheese in a casserole dish. You only need a small amount of cheese between the layers. Save the bulk for the end.
5. Once all your layers are done, mix the white-onion soup mix with milk and pour over the layers.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Pour your cream over the bake.
8. Cover the bake with the remaining cheese.
9. Pop into the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes. (Make sure your potatoes have cooked through.)
TIP: You can grill the top at the end for a nice and crispy top.