- 6 potatoes, boiled in their jackets till just tender
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 3 ripe firm tomatoes, cut into quarters, seeds removed and cut into small chunks
- 4 spring onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ cup freshly chopped mint
- 1 tsp Willow Creek Basil-infused Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Willow Creek Lemon-infused Olive Oil
- ½ cup Willow Creek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- juice and zest of 1 fresh ripe lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 rounds of feta cheese
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into bite-sized cubes. Mix all the remaining ingredients together, except the feta cheese, and let them marinate for an hour or so; this way they can get to know one another and the flavours can mingle.
2. Now layer the potatoes with the tomato mix in a glass bowl, cover and let the salad marinate for a further 2 hours. Just before you take it to the table, roughly crumble the feta cheese over the top of the salad and stir through lightly.
Tip I like to garnish the salad with a few tablespoons of deep-fried capers.
© Jenny Morris 2014