- 900g (2lb) plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 5tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 ripe but firm avocados, peeled, stoned and thickly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan) mark 6. Put the tomatoes into a shallow roasting tin, cut side up. Season, scatter with garlic and drizzle over 2tbsp olive oil. Roast for 40-45min.
- Meanwhile, make the salad dressing. Mix together remaining oil, chilli and balsamic vinegar in a large bowl.
- Transfer tomatoes and any cooking juices to a large serving platter and leave to cool. Add avocado to the dressing and toss to coat. Spoon over tomatoes.