- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, whisked separately
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Lightly grease a 22cm loaf pan.
3. Mix flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar together.
5. Stir in the beaten eggs one at a time, then the mashed bananas.
6. Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture and pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes to an hour.
8. Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then serve with butter.