- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 1 to 2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 410g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- large handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 100g tortilla chips (we used a lightly salted flavour)
- 50g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- sour cream, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently cook the onion for 10 minutes or until softened. Turn up the heat and stir in the mince and cook for about 10 minutes or until all the meat is well browned.
- Add the chillies, tomatoes, kidney beans and plenty of seasoning, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the coriander and check the seasoning. Empty the mixture into a heatproof serving dish.
- Preheat grill to medium. Top the beef mixture with the tortilla chips and cheese. Grill until piping hot and the cheese is melted and golden. Serve immediately with some sour cream and a crisp green salad.
EACH SERVING (without sour cream and salad) 2 194kJ, 31g fat (12g saturated), 29g carbohydrate (5g total sugars).
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter