FOR THE BURGERS
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large egg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g tin lentils, drained and rinsed
- 75g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- finely grated zest of 1 lime
- small handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- small handful fresh coriander, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 4 large flour tortilla wraps
- sour cream, optional, to serve
1. To make the burgers, put the chickpeas, egg and plenty of seasoning into a food processor and whizz until smooth. Scrape mixture into a large bowl and stir in lentils, breadcrumbs, onions, chilli, lime zest and coriander, and mix to combine. Divide mixture equally into four and shape each into a flattened patty.
2. Heat oil in a large pan and fry patties for 10 minutes, turning once, until golden and piping hot.
3. Meanwhile, put avocado slices in a bowl and squeeze over juice from 1⁄2 the lime. In a separate small bowl, stir together spring onions, tomatoes, coriander and remaining lime juice.
4. Serve burgers, avocado and salsa folded into the tortillas, with sour cream if you like.