- 410g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 50g sour cream
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt and black pepper
- 1 mealie
- ¼ to ½ red onion, to taste, finely chopped
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- ½ to 1 tsp chipotle paste
- large handful fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 large flour tortilla wraps
- ¼ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 75g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Whizz the beans, sour cream, lemon juice and plenty of seasoning in a food processor until smooth. Set aside.
2. Put the mealie on its end on a board and use a sharp knife to slice the kernels off the cob, working from the top to the bottom. Discard cob and put the kernels in a large bowl with red onion, cherry tomatoes, tomato sauce, chipotle paste and coriander. Stir to combine and check the seasoning.
3. Put a wrap on a board and smear a quarter of the bean pur.e in a line along the centre, leaving a 5cm border at each end. Top with a quarter each of the lettuce, mealie mixture and Cheddar. Fold the sides of the wrap over the filling, then roll up to enclose. (Secure in place with a cocktail stick if you like.) Slice the wraps in half and serve.
EACH SERVING 1 710kJ, 11g fat (6g saturated), 64g carbohydrate (10 total sugars), 17g protein, 8g fibre.